By Tamatha | Added Feb 2, 2012
Morning sickness when will it end?
If you are expecting and one of the millions of pregnant women who have experienced morning sickness, then you know that you'd try just about anything that's safe and effective to get rid of the nausea that simply won't go away.
If you've found that many of the more conventional cures for morning sickness just aren't helping, then you might want to give one of these uncommon methods to combat morning sickness during pregnancy a try.
- Acupressure or Acupuncture. Believe it or not, there are several points on your body which, when pushed just so or when an acupuncture needle is placed into them, have the ability to calm your queasiness. There are also acupressure bands that you can buy at most drug stores which have almost the same effect if you aren't keen on the idea of going to a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner.
- Get your Lemon Fix. Whether it be smelling lemons, sucking on a lemon candy or putting a slice of lemon in your mouth and sucking on it for a bit, lemon is a great, all natural stomach settler. Just be careful not to suck of too many luscious lemon wedges, as they have been known to damage the enamel on your teeth if exposed to them often or for long periods of time.
- Go at a snail's pace. Don't rush out of bed in the morning and take your time whenever possible. The drop in blood pressure that your body undergoes when you stand up from sitting or lying down can cause nausea or dizziness. So, go at a slow and steady pace after being sedentary for awhile.
- The Lollipop Cure. There are lollipops that are made specifically for pregnant women, but any lollipop or hard candy will work to alleviate that morning sickness. Peppermint and ginger flavors are a good option, if you can find them, as well as lime. They are so great because they last a long time and they are small, so you can always have a few in your pocket, just in case.
- Eat more salt. Pregnant women produce a whole lot more saliva than those that aren't, and eating salty foods will help to absorb some of this excess moisture that is setting off your gag reflex. Have some saltine crackers always at the ready or any other salty snack that you might be craving. Remember though, salt should be eaten in moderation, as it will increase your sodium levels and has the possibility of increasing your blood pressure.
If you've tried the other morning sickness cures and have had lackluster results, or are tired of drinking ginger ale and carbonated water, then you might want to give one of these uncommon methods to combat morning sickness during pregnancy a shot.
About Baby Riddle:
Baby Riddle was founded by a Registered Nurse and an entrepreneur. The nationwide online company is based in the United States. The company carries extremely cute baby clothes and also has a great service for women who are keeping their baby's gender a surprise. Baby Riddle created a solution to keep the baby’s gender a surprise: Have an unbiased third party send the gender-specific clothes right at the baby's due date. Pregnant women can now say goodbye to neutral baby clothes.
Find out more by visiting Baby Riddle:
Phone: 866.927.2524 | http://babyriddle.com | Facebook http://www.facebook.com/babyriddle.store