Is there a more adorable sight than your burrito baby? Every new parent will likely say no!
Swaddling calms and soothes your little one and helps them sleep longer. When done correctly, your baby will happily transition from your womb to the outside world. To ensure that your baby is comfortable, you want to create a cozy and secure feeling for them using newborn swaddle sets.
If done incorrectly, however, swaddling may create discomfort for your newborn, as well as sleepless nights for the baby and parents. It’s all too common.
In this post, we’ll explain how to swaddle the newest member of your family. First things first, you need posh peanut swaddle sets, known for their soft, flexible material. You can find all kinds of materials and variety in terms of thickness and blanket length.
You want to pick one that’s perfect for your baby. Once you do that, you need to wash the blanket in a mild detergent that’s specially made for newborns.
Step-by-Step Process to Swaddle Your Baby
When the swaddle baby set is clean and ready, follow the following steps:
- Arrange the swaddle blanket on a flat surface in a direction that resembles a diamond shape.
- Take the top corner and fold it down towards the center. The top is now a straight line.
- Now, place your newborn faceup on the blanket. The baby’s neck should be placed along the top edge.
- Gently place your little one’s left arm along their side.
- Pull the left corner of the swaddle set tightly across your baby’s body and tuck it underneath the opposite side.
- Take the bottom corner and fold it upward, covering the right arm and legs. Then tuck the corner underneath your baby’s right shoulder.
- Gently straighten the newborn’s right arm. Take the remaining corner and pull it snugly across your baby, and tuck the end behind them.
There you go! Nice and cozy!
There are easier ways to do it. Candice Miller, a mother of three, prefers zipper or Velcro swaddles because they’re typically faster and easier. All she needs to do is tuck in her infant.
If you learn the right technique, swaddling your little one using a soft blanket or posh peanut baby swaddle set will be a breeze.
Additional Baby Swaddling Tips for Mothers
While following the step-by-step process of swaddling your baby, you need to be mindful of certain things.
- Try not to touch the baby’s cheek while swaddling. It may trigger a rooting reflex and make them cry when not being fed.
- While pulling up the bottom corner of the swaddle set, keep it a bit loose so that your baby’s feet and legs can move around comfortably.
- Make sure to tuck corners in tightly so that the swaddle won’t unravel while your newborn is asleep.
- Avoid overfeeding your baby right before bed. It can cause discomfort during sleep.
- If your baby is being fussy, try placing them on their stomach and rubbing their back. Flip them back over once they’ve calmed down.
Shop posh peanut swaddle sets now! You can find all sorts of boutique baby clothes and matching family pajamas made using eco-friendly materials.